Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Truly, Deeply, Madly -A Story About Inspiration

I haven't written a post in a while, and it's because my internet shut down for about 10 days. And let me tell you, it wasn't that bad. I mean, I was bored to tears at times, but I also got to spend time being honestly inspired, without the influence of the internet. And that can be a beautiful thing.

www.headlikeanorange.tumblr.com
It got me to thinking about true inspiration, the kind that comes to you naturally, without the aid of pinterest or 10 DIY instructions. When you're chillin' at the beach and you see a bunch of cool shells, and suddenly you find yourself crafting a beautiful, over-the-top, one of a kind, sea-inspired gown in your head, and the feeling is so powerful you're practically running to find your sketchbook and scribble it down. That's what I live for, those little moments where something is so overwhelmingly great, that you must create something for it- perhaps to honor it or something along those lines.

The problem with attaining that kind of inspiration is that you have to be open to receive it- and if you spend 99% of your time eyeballs-deep in the tangled web of the internet, chances are you'll be too busy to catch it. Not that I'm saying the internet isn't inspirational- I love a good pinboard as much as the next girl, I just think there's something to be said for raw, real life inspiration.

Great! Now you got me all wanderlusty...sigh. On another note though, not having the internet meant that when I did have it- for short periods at coffee shops and friends houses- I would focus on the important stuff. I volunteered at a charity fashion show in Vancouver called BAM! to raise money for people with Alopecia, and it was awesome to see so many people together for such a great 'cause AND a fashion show! I also had a job interview which in turn, got me a job!

So I'm employed now, an intern actually, not a real, real job.. but it's paid so that's basically the same thing, right? I'm a "content creator" which isn't a fashion designer, but it's for a start-up fashion company so it will be an amazing experience with a lot of opportunity to grow. I'm really excited about the future this position holds for me, and also for all the amazing things I will learn and create in the coming months.

Also, IT'S SUMMER GUYS! And that's just plain awesome!

Thanks for reading :)
XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...