Monday, May 27, 2013

Imma Livin' For The Weekend

There's nothing better than a laid-back weekend relaxing with friends. Mine consisted of late-night baking for even-later-night Batman watching (which I actually didn't really enjoy that much, call me crazy) 


Followed by an intense fabric raid at my good friend, Tamara's, mom's house. She's an avid sewer and quilter and honestly has like 20 years worth of collected fabrics. I'm killing myself for not bringing my camera, it was so crazy awesome, I'll just have to go back sometime ;) Got a good stash for now, can't wait to show you what I'm making with them! 



Also, found this haiku that I wrote on my fridge in the middle of the semester. I have awesome LOLCATS magnets that I got for my birthday last year, and I remember being so deep in projects and feeling like I would never climb out in the end, feels good to be free, but I'm also starting to feel that real-life-push to get a job. Living for the weekend is fine and good, but without hard week days, the weekend is just a couple more days.


It's just so intimidating to put yourself out there on the chopping block, you know what I mean? Especially in a creative field like fashion or design where they are judging you based a lot on your creativity and past (art) work.  To create, we put ourselves in such vulnerable positions and it's tough to face even the possibility of rejection. But I mean, I guess nobody ever said it was going to be easy, time to Grow Sum Skin, Srsly, and get out there! I've learned a good way to deal with scary stuff like this is to think of the worst possible thing that could happen, they could not call you back, or tell you that you weren't the right fit-and then that's it! You move on to the next opportunity, no sense mourning something that never even existed.

It's going to be a good week, I can feel it! Filled to the brim with possibility and opportunities!

What do you think? Any strategies you use to deal with stressful situations?

XO_BITS




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...