Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Handful of Years

Today marked five whole years of dating my best friend. That's a whole handful! And I gotta say, the best handful of my life. We've grown into adults together and helped each other be the best versions of ourselves. Since that very first kiss to travelling the world to our own home together we've been through a lot and made it out stronger than ever. I can't imagine life without this guy and I'm so thankful and lucky to have him in my life.

To celebrate we decided to keep it chill, do things we really like doing together. So we had burgers at our favorite place, drove around to look at all the beautiful flowers blooming in our neighbourhood, and pushed our couches together to watch Planet Earth and eat fudge sundaes. It was the perfect day for the perfect occasion.

On the one hand, I can't believe it's been five years already, and on the other I can't remember I time when we weren't dating. Even before we were dating we were best friends for years so it kinda feels like Joel was always there. It's an awesome thing when a friendship can turn into something more and I'm still so happy it did.
Here's to five more years of love and adventure!!

XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...