Thursday, February 6, 2014

Easy Cheesy Breakfast Burrito

Today while making breakfast I realised I didn't have any bread. Bread is pretty classic in my breakfasts and so I decided I would whip up a spicy egg-y burrito of sorts. It's a really easy recipe that only uses a couple ingredients, but it's still delicious and pretty well rounded, win-win-win! This recipe is perfect if you're looking for something a little different than the classic egg and toast, but also isn't so weird that you won't eat it early in the morning.


INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 eggs
  • Hot sauce such as Sriracha
  • 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Water or milk
  • Whole wheat tortilla shell
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
  • sour cream, to taste
  • whatever else you want to add: sausage, beans, salsa, bacon, etc.

DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix together the two eggs and the water or milk and a tbsp of hot sauce (more or less depending on your preference).

2. Toss in the chopped green onions and cook on medium heat, scraping at the pan when the eggs start to turn white. Keep cooking until fully cooked through and not slimy (I like mine a little golden)

3. Prepare your tortilla with extra sriracha, sour cream and your cheddar cheese.
4. Top your tortilla with your hot scrambled eggs and close up.
I've been really enjoying eating breakfast lately. I've noticed that the more I make myself eat it, the easier it gets. I used to be one of those people who couldn't eat for the first 3 hours of being awake. Now I find myself waking up hungry! Finally, a new years resolution I actually enjoy following! haha! Click here to see the other breakfast recipes I've tried out this year.

Also! My friend Tamara taught me a cool trick for your green onions. After you cut them down and use the onion part, just place the roots and stems in a cup of water. They grow back almost instantly! Neverending onions!
Happy Burrito-ing!
XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...