Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Breakfast: Spicy Avocado, Parmesan, and Egg Sandwich

Mmmmm can anyone say Omega 3 overload?! I love Avocados probably more than I should, considering they aren't even close to local produce, but the way they combine with the other flavours in this sandwich is just too delicious! Seriously, Joel and I eat this at least once a weekend, it's that good. Which is why it is the first recipe in the breakfast series.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Avocado
  • Parmesan Cheese (grated)
  • Sriracha or your other favorite hot sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Mayo
  • Bread 

 DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook your egg to your liking. I usually do them over medium with a pinch of salt and dash of pepper.
2. Toast your bread and spread with mayo or butter, 'sup to you, and if we're being honest here, I do both
3. Grate some parmesan directly onto the hot toast.
4. Add your avocado.
5. Add your hot egg.
6. Top with sriracha and some more parmesan you can never have too much parmesan ;)
7. Add a top slice of toast, or leave it as is. ENJOY!




I usually slice my avocado and then scoop it out, Joel turned me on to this trick, that boys a genius

I hope you give this simple breakfast option a try. It's so delicious and so good for you too!
Enjoy and thanks for reading!

XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...