Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Time For Goals

January 1st. A fresh slate, restart button, blank canvas. Okay so maybe it isn't really new or fresh, yesterday was Dec 31st and it still exists, January 1st didn't erase it, but I can't help but feel exited at the prospect of a new year, with new possibilities, new ideas and a new set of goals. I have a lot this year, I always have a lot of goals actually, that how I ensure that I'm doing stuff with my life, it's how I keep track (like Dr. Who and the museum).
I went to a retro 50s party last night called The Ice Cream Social.. and said goodbye to 2013 doing the twist with some of my finest friends. It was the perfect end to a great year and I am pretty darn stoked for this coming year. Here's a list of goals that I really want to work on this year:

1. Start a journal. I've never officially journalled, aside from this blog and school notes that I scribble in the margins- doodles and random thoughts, I haven't really kept a log of my thought patterns or progress in a consistent, chronological way. I'm excited to look back in a couple months at the thoughts I had now and realize how they've transformed over time and progressed. I downloaded the moleskine app for my iPhone, which is actually pretty awesome, it's like your own digital moleskine, but I feel a little claustrophobic when writing digitally about my feelings. I need the ability to change my cursive, add doodles. I like to physically turn the page. So I'm on the hunt for a good journal starting a week ago. Let me know if you know a place to find one.

2. Take this blog more seriously. I really want to focus my energy on this little corner of the internet. I think I have something to offer, why not take the time to share it. I love getting comments and inspiring others to try something out. 2014 is going to be a good one for the blog, I can already tell.

3. Eat breakfast. I write this at 1 in the afternoon, breakfastless, classic. But I do really want to spend more time in the morning creating a delicious meal to eat, not just groggigly making coffee and then chugging it down as quickly as possible. And while we're on the subject of food, I also want to start being more intentional about where I shop and what I buy. I want to eat more locally, less chemical-ridden fast foods and snacks,  but real food grown by real farmers in the farms that surround my hometown. 

4. Stay more connected with family and friends. Specifically grandparents and old friends that have moved away. It's so lovely to receive an email or a letter from an old friend (or family member) and this year I hope to really reach out and connect with some of those lost ties. 

5. Make some money. I really do need to start making some money. One of my very best friends is getting married in Spain this summer and it's kinda expensive to travel around the globe. So yes, make some money. Preferably in a way that doesn't cause me to hate my life  :)  

So that's pretty much it. Of course I want to travel, laugh, swim, adventure, dream and sleep tons too. But this is just the really specific list of goals that I really want to work on in 2014. The other lot I always want to work on.

What about you? Any goals or resolutions you want to make this year?

XO_BITS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...