Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Musings: Christmas Cheer

The halls are decked, the lights are up, there's hot cocoa in  my cup, gold ribbon on my gifts, snow on the ground and cheer in our hearts. There's something about this time of year that is just so amazing. Sure the malls are packed, the streets are busy and maybe you're forgetting to do the normal mundane things that are actually really important (like grocery shopping... I ate a cheese and sriracha quesadilla for lunch today haha!) but that's all part of the beauty!

The fireplace hasn't been turned off in weeks, and my parka has become a staple wardrobe item. It may be getting cold, but I'm feeling really inspired by all the effort everyone puts into the holiday season. Some of the light displays on houses and decorations in stores are true works of art! I'm going to try and convince Joel to go on a Christmas light drive tonight to check out everyone's setups! It's actually one of my favorite parts of the holiday. Remember this scene from New Girl, I cried a little the first time I saw it:
Today I feel so blessed and lucky to live in this beautiful place where I am free to celebrate and enjoy time with friends and family. With Sufjan playing in the background and my printer zipping out photos for a last minute gift, my mind is whizzing with Christmas inspirations, decorations, recipes and the sort. I'm already looking forward to next year before this one is even finished. But for now I'm just gonna watch a couple festive movies, wrap up the last couple gifts and maybe find the time to go grocery shopping, all the stores are open 24 hours, shouldn't be too hard. 

I hope you are all having an amazing and wonderful Christmas eve eve!!
XO_BITS

ps. Don't forget to enter this giveaway if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...