Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Floral Inspiration

Even though it's definitly autumn now, I still find myself being inspired by florals. The line I am currently designing is going to revolve around these beautiful miracles of nature and so I have been extra intrigued lately. My patternz pinboard has been blowing up with these wonderful motifs and I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of look to focus on.
 The line is for Spring/Summer.. which some might think means that I should use bright or maybe even pastel colours with obvious spring florals, maybe daffodils or daisies, but I don't know if I agree with that.
 I've been following the S/S 2014 fashion weeks around the world and some designers have even been coming out with all black spring lines. People are breaking the rules and I think I like it!
That being said, my line is definitely going to be floral inspired and not at all black.. but I do like the rebelliousness. But what do you think? Any floral motifs you love or hate? Do you prefer super realistic? or are you more into the abtract styles?

I haven't decided yet, but I made my first batch of turquoise acid dye and am going to start fooling around with it today, I'll keep you posted ;)

XO_BITS

(photo credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...